Thursday, January 01, 2009

'Tis The Season To Be Banging

When you slept at 6am after downing a lot of vodka mixes (vodka + cranberry juice, vodka + iced tea, vodka + red bull) and you woke up at 8:30am the same day, you know it's New Year. I set my alarm at 8:35am and waking up before my alarm is a miracle. It wasn't possible in 2008, so it's definitely not 2008 anymore. Off to a good start, I guess. Oh, Happy New Year. :)

How was Christmas? It wasn't as jovial as I wanted it to be but seeing my cousins and relatives is not just an annual thing, it's like an almost monthly extravaganza because we always see each other during birthday bashes and any occasion that needs people to verify it actually happened. I'm not complaining, I liked Christmas Oh Eight with all the Christmas money I got from aunts and uncles who would not be giving me Christmas money in 2 years time (because I'm probably working by then). Going home opening gifts from our extended family members is a bliss because I can attest that opening gifts, tearing up those red and green wrappers like how Incredible Hulk would do to trucks around him is a sure stress buster. The Holidays is not so stress-free as you think it is. Not when you have a big family.

I have somewhat done a lot of reading over the "break" (I didn't really have a lot of free time) but reading the word "resume" as resumé reminds of on-the-job training and DANG it totally creeps me out. Watching marathons of some reality shows, a lot of downloaded DVD rips, reading magazines and books, fixing my music library, and writing my never-ending "+" imagination, time is not in my hands.


I just read that being happy makes healthy people live 7.5 to 10 years longer. What does this say about being "emo"? That eventually, (sans accidents) the world will end with happy people because "emos" would be physically dead (but then they're now happy) by then?

I haven't checked/opened my e-mail ever since Christmas break started. Woohoo!!! I'm so proud of myself. I am sarcastic. Hmm, if you are ironic and tell others you are ironic, are you being ironic?

Yet the really something I want to ask to everyone who has been enjoying the Holiday Season, how much do you now weigh?


MORAL: Not wanting to open the Internet browser just because it reminds you of work is so bull. Not opening it just because there are a lot of tabs you saved is also bull. If you haven't opened your Internet browser because of those reasons, you're not a bull. For who knows what, I'm still typing in Notepad.

No comments: