Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Today Leaves A Page in History Books

How, what, why? (Note that I'm narrating in Manila time telecast.)

First is because today is US President-Elect Barack Obama's inauguration. He becomes the 44th President of the United States of America. However, another reason is that Ellen finally caught George Clooney! From Kate Hudson, to Dolly Parton, Victoria's Secret Angels, and Chip and Dales, Ellen finally found the right formula to lure George Clooney out from his office, which is just like a stone's throw away from the studio. She got retro baseball stars who were the hotshots during George's days. Sans the details, having George guest in Ellen all of a sudden makes the show hmmm let's say a little less interesting because well, if you finally get what you want, what do you aim for? So, I think Ellen's having another (insert celebrity name here) Watch, like how she did George Watch. Haha.

Btw, I still think Nicole Vaidisova should ditch Radek Stepanek because they're like doing the combination from the movie Wimbledon wherein the girl (Kirsten Dunst) is the hotshot and the guy (Paul Bettany aka the albino in The Da Vinci Code) is the aging tennis pro. The story goes like they're together and the guy gets so inspired that he's winning again while their relationship is not that helpful for the girl as she loses her matches. Wow! Just like Nicole and Radek! He recently won a title over Fernando Verdasco (let's see if he's doing the same with Ana Ivanovic) and Nicole just lost in the first round in the Australian Open against Severine Bremond.

And you call this an entry.

MORAL: There are days that are so compelling they make me type an entry even though I am really busy doing a lot of things that I really need to do. So... What am I going to do? I don't know. Let me just type here a joke I got from my cousin. If it's really corny, smile. If you find it amusing, smile, too. Don't be a Nega-Star.

Juan accidentally hit a vase in the museum and broke it. The curator was very nervous.
Curator: Oh no! Sir, that vase is more than 500 years old!
Juan sighed with relief and said, "Thank heavens! I thought it was brand new!"

Smile. If you didn't get it, read again. If it's really annoying, forget it. I'll be continuing my work. Next post would probably be my "What Happened in 2008" even though it's halfway through January already.

No comments: