Sunday, February 01, 2009

Feb-erer

Hello, February! February is the only month I couldn't say properly. Either I say it with long a, or with short a. But it's cool. And short.

Don't even expect me to type here about what happened yesterday.

Serena won her 10th Grand Slam Singles title at the Australian Open. It was no surprise since she's following the trend of winning the Aussie Open in an odd-year sequence starting last 2003. Yep, 2003, 2005, 2007, and 2009, all hers. She also won the Women's Doubles title with her partner, Venus Williams. If I were Daniela Hantuchova and Ai Sugiyama (the other finalists), I would think it's an unfair match. But I'm not Daniela or Sugiyama so I have nothing to say.


I actually intended to write something about Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal's match here, but I turned the television off after the 3rd set. Why? I really think Rafa is playing better than Roger (his shots are going haywire), but I want Roger to win, just so he could tie Pete Sampras' record of 14 Grand Slam Singles title (the women's record go as much as 22 GS titles). *after a few minutes* I have turned the television on again, but maybe I would shut it off again in a while when Rafa's on the winning road. Haha. Nothing against Rafa, I like him, but let Roger win his 14th. On a note, Rafa's forehand shots are the "topspin champion" because dang(!) his shots even go around the net! And you thought it's only possible in anime. It's a good thing there's a mandatory shirt change for the players after every set. Makes men's tennis more interesting because they do it right there. Haha. Weirdo.

What a stupid post. I'm going to watch True Blood first while checking the scores.


MORAL: Eating Chips Ahoy and not drinking water afterwards is not a good thing to do. If things don't go your way, and as you rush to try more, take a breather. There might be something you're missing and you just overlooked it. Huh? Yeah.

No comments: