Monday, February 23, 2009

What Really Happened to Jack and Jill

You know that classic nursery rhyme Jack and Jill? Let me refresh your memory 'cause I think the only songs you know now are those included in Guitar Heroes or Rock Band playlists.

Jack and Jill went up the hill
To fetch a pail of water
Jack fell down and broke his crown
And Jill came tumbling after

Actually there are around 4 verses in the song. However, our generation has the attention span and memory of a goldfish so the first verse is the entire song for us. While scanning through my contacts in my list, I saw the status message of Jeddi (I don't know if she still remembers me, though), a Biology junior and was shocked with what I read.

Here's her status message and I typed it verbatim.
"I was walking down a hill, once. And I saw a bunch of blood and organs scattered around the base of a hill. I took some samples and sent them to a forensics lab. Turns out it was Jack and Jill."

I never imagined that was the aftermath of the nursery rhyme.


MORAL: Safety first. If there's no water, do not go up a hill, just check for the nearby river or wish upon a well for water. If there's really no water around, it's probably caused by global warming so don't wait around for Keanu Reeves a la The Day the Earth Stood Still. Be the change!

No comments: