Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nobody Said It Was Easy

I've been working in 1150 Technology from March 30 to forever. Yeah we started early, worked our hunchbacks and hemorrhoids without breaks even through Holy Week (sorry, Jesus, we're really repenting our sins and reflecting on our lives, we just worked during Your week because uhmmm errrrr). Sundays and some day-offs are by request so if you want freedom, save it for the future, where cars transform into robots. You could smell and imagine vacation but it's like envisioning an oasis in the middle of an obviously vast desert with the scorching sun glaring at you. You keep on walking towards that oasis, barefeet in the sandy desert with no umbrella or sunscreen. Then you see a plant, thinking it's a heaven-sent coconut tree. You could feel the cool shade the tree can give. Then as you approach the tree, you remember you worked through the Holy Week instead of going to church, so the heaven-sent coconut tree is a fake. Yep, you hugged a cactus plant instead. You almost screamed in pain but your throat is sooo dry you just hurt yourself. Then you wake up from all the dreaming and saw reality. You're in the sandy beaches of a really luxurious resort with people you never thought you'll be with. You swim a little, talk more, play really good music, watch the setting sun, and do some crazy dancing. Then you all walk towards the beach bar, extending your arms to get your NON-ALCOHOLIC drinks, and saw their cactus-pierced marks.

It's a cool experience, not desert-like-hotness-or-whatever. We're not yet there (we're just halfway and it's still a long bumpy road), but I don't regret working with my groupmates. We might not always be complete and I still believe 9AM is very early. We have turned down companies of our preference for this. I never thought squatting wherever possible is fun. Aircon is still one of the best gifts from God.


MORAL: Some things are meant to be, and it's a good idea to believe that God has a plan for us. And that things happen for a reason. There's a reason why The Veronicas are twins, why Flo Rida's body is so bulky, and why Lady Gaga is uhmm like that. Can't read my, can't read my, no you can't read my poker face. You spin my head right round, right round, when you go down, when you go down. 'Cause I feel so untouched and I want you so much that I just can't resist you it's not enough to say I miss you.

No comments: