Saturday, August 08, 2009

Beach at Home

It's been raining like crazy for some time already. It would be scorching hot for a while, then nimbus clouds eat up the skies so fast like how A(H1N1) spread around the world. Before you know it, it's flooding on the other side of the island. So for the longest time, we've been feeling like we're living in a beach resort. How? There's a tree near our house and we have chimes in our garage. So when the wind blows really hard (which is common now), the branches dance in the air and the leaves sing with it, while our chimes are going crazy. The sounds combined produce a beach-like music effect: the sound of the waves. It's amazing and crazy at the same time. Crazy beautiful. Oftentimes, I tell my sister, "Do you want to swim? I can hear the ocean calling us." "Where's my swimsuit?"


MORAL: I can't help but think of the people affected by the typhoon, especially where I'm supposed to have my immersion which is in Zambales. I remember last year, everyone was scratching their dandruffs off because it's already in the middle of the "typhoon season" and we're only in the first quarter of the ABCs of the typhoon naming scheme. Now, it's been raining too much we might drown if it doesn't stop. Earth to humans! Roxas Boulevard was swamped with 6 garbage trucks-worth of garbage which were thrown back to us by the ocean! Where did those trash come from? Hello, they came from us. Whatever we throw away will come back to us in one way or another, sooner or later.

No comments: