Friday, September 04, 2009

Blowfish and Starfish

I had my immersion last August 28-30, 2009 at San Salvador, Masinloc, Zambales. I knew that it would be a great adventure, because of the diving, swimming and well, the thrill of meeting new people and living with them. That includes my immersion partner, someone who's not your classmate/groupmate, who's paired with you by your formator, to live with a foster family. I enjoyed the immersion. I really, really enjoyed it. I don't regret missing my midterm exam because I got to take it at a later date anyway.

The weather was on our side. Amen to that!

What do I think of my sunburned skin and uneven skin tone? Nothing, I just think of the experience and I feel like my sunburned skin is healing now. (Yeah I'm "molting" so what. Haha.)
What do I think of my scratch-free diving mask that someone accidentally took? Hmm, I'll just think that it's my gift to them.
What do I think of my immersion-mates? They rock! They're some of the coolest, funniest people I have met.
What do I think of the place where we stayed? Thank God I brought those trekking sandals. Thanks to my Mom for funding those sandals.
What do I think of the whole experience? I know I'm immersed.
Why do I keep on using "what"? Good question! I really don't know!

I got around 300 worth of pictures. A lot of them involve people, and there were a lot of scenery shots as well. I chose these two pictures because well, most of us could take photos of "amazing views" or scenes that could give you the "awww" moments but it's not everyday one could capture a starfish and a blowfish underwater. So yeah, I'm somewhat proud of these pictures.

Will I post an entry about the immersion experience? Yeah, sure. Just not now.



MORAL: There's beauty in everything. If you can't see it, maybe you just have to look more intently. Remember to rinse your sea-soaked camera with freshwater after use. Amen!

No comments: