Friday, October 16, 2009

Adopted Sleeping Breaks

Last night, I never felt so much pressure into sleeping.

When I got home, my sister, mom, dad, yayas, hmm, almost everyone kept on asking me, "What time are you going to sleep? Do you have plans on sleeping? You know you should be taking Stresstabs or those multivitamins regularly."

Thanks for the concern. This is one of those times when pressure feels genuinely good.

~~~~~

There are those acronym sites that share short stories - FML, MLIA, GMH, etc. Just search for them if you want to know what the acronyms stand for, to read the stories, or just to waste time. I came across this one while testing the Internet connection of those mobile Internet kits (I'm using the Globe Visibility one at present)

Today, my teacher was telling us a story about her friend's adopted son and how he got picked on for it. One day at school a boy went up to him and said, "I came from my mommy's tummy, where did you come from?" knowing the boy was adopted. His response? "I came from my mommy's heart." He was 6 years old at the time. This GMH

When I read that (it was the first one when I checked), I remembered what Sushmita Sen told her kid (adopted, too). Her kid tells those who pick on her that she's (more) special because she was chosen (out of a lot of other kids). Haha. Great response if you really want to shoot down the bully. Then it brings up the issue of "unwanted" children. Ho hum.

~~~~~

I have been blogging a lot lately (so far I still got 3 unpublished entries) and posting a lot in Twitter. The reason is that well, I have reiterated a lot of times that I work at night and when you really NEED a break from all the thinking, typing, and reading, you'll look for other forms of leisure. You check to see who's online, well, at 4 in the morning, your relatives from half the world across are the only ones awake, you can't really watch TV, can't take a nap (because you'll end up having a 8-hour nap), and you've been eating forever. When you want to just vent out your frustrations, ideas (that are not needed for your work), and all those annoying realizations (that I've been having lately), Twitter and blogging are lifesavers.


MORAL: Reflections between 2-4am are fine, as long as you still do your work. Haaaah.

No comments: