Sunday, October 18, 2009

Strawberry Fields Forever

Another post drafted last October 13, 2009, at 3:37am. Zombie mode gave me a lot of entries saved.

Finally, a storm-devastated-related post.

I was listening to Coldplay's Strawberry Swing song and the cover of The Beatles' Strawberry Fields Forever in the movie Across the Universe and I suddenly remembered Baguio's Strawberry Fields and how beautiful it is. My sister has never been to Baguio, she claims being there when you're 2 years old doesn't count, so for her, she has NEVER been to Baguio. The song is not a happy one, and neither does the scene of Baguio's Strawberry Fields at present. The luscious red ocean of strawberries in the cool temperature of Baguio is going to be but a distant memory now. A postcard you want to preserve in your mind.

My friend said, "Baguio, will never be the same." I added in the most unusual optimistic me, "It will never be the same again because it'll definitely be better."

Strange, but I have faith.


MORAL: There would always be forces greater than us.

No comments: