Saturday, June 25, 2011

Will Still Run for A Cause

My personal choice of joining runs that are for a cause still holds true as a psychotic friend and I signed-up for 2 runs for July and August. The Ideal Vision Center's event Vision in Motion Fun Run on July 3 will benefit their Save Your Sight foundation providing free eye consultation, reading glasses, and other eye care services to poor Filipinos. Another would be on August 7, a company event that would benefit certain wards in Philippine General Hospital. See, there are no problems with the events, it is just that I haven't ran this June and that June 27-July 1 would be a very critical time for my project. Even though it's just for 5K, my July 3 event would see a running zombie - which was initially thought to be anatomically impossible but then Resident Evil and Dawn of the Dead happened. How about the August 7 event? It would be my first time running uphill with a 9-kilometer distance. I would definitely, definitely bring a skateboard or some roller skates when it comes to the downhill part. I remember mentioning my endurance sucks so well like a vacuum cleaner, right? Wish me the best in all the world just like it's my birthday.


MORAL: Sometimes it takes a demented friend to push you out of your comfort zone. You'll never know how far you could go until you try.

No comments: