Friday, October 14, 2011

Breakeven

August showed me how difficult people can be. Those whom you think are your friends suddenly shoots you and broadcasts it to the whole world - even if they're holding on to wrong information.

September showed me how difficult it is to be on the receiving end of a client that throws tantrums like crumpled paper. It also made me realize the real meaning of "clingy" and "needy" and this is even related to work. Yes.

October showed me that no matter how awesome you feel or how superhuman you can be, there are only 24 hours in a day and you can only do so much. It's both sad and humbling.

Oct 13 has been really something. I threw the can of Pringles on the floor, shouted at that moustached-face and then snapped back to reality and continued what I was doing. Being chased by a lot of crazy people and then accepting that you have to delegate tasks even if it might mean more work for you (teach, supervise the work, and re-check the final output) is no easy feat and yes I tried to squeeze them all in. I was decided to go to the office but I had a heavy heart. I prayed to God to help me see the balance in everything, the good in the bad.

What happened after I prayed in the car, the emergency lights in our garage turned on meaning we don't have electricity. So it was a good decision to go to the office huh. Halfway, rained poured like a waterfall. The good? My car won't be nominated in the "City Cars That Look Like It Traveled in the Desert" category. Not to mention God made me not lose hope in humanity even after all the shenanigans that happened (see August and September paragraphs above) because of the REAL friends I have in the office. 

I still pray to God to make me accept that things really do happen for a reason and that we're not under the power of luck.


MORAL: Grant to us the serenity of mind to accept that which cannot be changed; courage to change that which can be changed, and wisdom to know the one from the other, through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

No comments: