Monday, January 30, 2012

Australian Open 2012

I refuse to write an entry about the Australian Open. (Sore loser.)

Here's the Finals results for my own convenience. A reminder of January 2012.

Women's Finals (Martina Hingis presented the Daphne Akhurst Memorial Cup to the world) showed Victoria Azarenka's ascension to the top spot with a sweet bonus, her first Australian Open title by banishing Maria Sharapova with a brutal 6-3, 6-0 win.


Then the Men's Finals wherein Novak Djokovic outlasted Rafael Nadal with a 5-7, 6-4, 6-2, 6-7 (5-7), 7-5 for his 3rd Australian Open title. It was an epic 5 hour and 53 minute match. I left home, attended Sunday service, then got home for the 4th set tiebreak. I thought my blood pressure was going to pop my veins.

And yes, I refuse to call this an entry.

No comments: