Thursday, February 09, 2012

Buffet Like A Dad

Monday - February 6, 2012

So when my office mug was as good as dust (my teammate knocked it over and lo and behold, it separated itself into 200 unusable pieces worthy of a jigsaw puzzle knock-off), it was time to look for a replacement. The best candidate was: my Mickey Mouse mug from Disneyland. I voiced out the idea to my friend, the human-bone, but he was firm on his decision that donning a Mickey Mouse mug in the office will not help me garner respect, especially in my new role. So okaaaay, I thought it was ridiculous so I mentioned it to another friend and he just asked a simple question, "WHY?!" Seriously, what's wrong with a Mickey Mouse mug?! So when a teammate went to Boracay for a wedding, I asked her to buy a Starbucks tumbler (always out-of-stock whenever my brother or I go to Boracay because we're peak season kids) so I would finally have something to use in the office. Say hello to my new friend office buddy! Definitely better than a tabo.

Tuesday - February 7, 2012

I was shaken awake before my alarm set off. This usually means instant bad mood but NO, it's my dad's happy birthday today so for some reason, I was just calm and composed then remembered we were going to MOA (Mall of Asia) for Buffet101 (come on, you know I'm not fit for a food review so no details about the place will be divulged) for my dad's birthday lunch (me and my brother work at European shifts so it's the best time for everyone to be a family). The 3 spawns of my mother plus my innocent dad (always the recipient of our bullying :[ ) and mom all together is enough insurance for a riot. Someone went crazy at the Japanese and dessert areas, only a few more days before I swear off seafood (fish already sworn off a long time ago) but I know I ate too much tempura, oysters, and shrimps a while ago. Happy birthday, fatherrrr!


*Instagram is taking over Zumi's participation in this blog. Hmm. I need to reassess and prioritize but where's the fun in that?

Wednesday - February 8, 2012

I was pretty much down the whole day because of some stomach-intestinal turbulence (if you don't know what I mean, leave it as is), headache, and slight fever which I mistakenly took for as laziness because I didn't have the energy to work at all. I have begun to question myself, "Am I really a lazy person?" "What would now happen to my future?" because of this. WorkFromHomeWednesdays are supposed to be fun and free from the corporate schedule chain - I can go to the gym (no visits yet for February what the heck) or wherever once my shift is done, no need to wait for "traffic to pass through" or whatever. However, for this Wednesday, I was glued to the couch. Nap then check the computer because I don't want to file for sick leave. Can't take it anymore so I gulped medicines. Not my type.

No comments: