Sunday, March 25, 2012

Ellie Goulding - Your Song


It's not often that I fall in love with a song... but when I do, I fall really hard.

I believed in love the moment I started falling in love with songs. Well, I got "falling in love" or "fall in love" or even "love" incorrectly but it doesn't matter now (if I look back to my Theology days, my professor would hit me with books).

Ellie Goulding and her big blonde hair has been mesmerizing me for a couple of years. Make it 2 years since I "fell in love" with "The Writer" back in college and OMG it has been 2 years since I have graduated. Her album has been out for a while (anyone coming home to the Philippines soon? I need to "Amazon" it.) and for some reason just early this year, her songs have haunted me again. They have managed to creep back into my life to the point I'm being coerced by Ellie Goulding's hay-thick blonde hair to buy her album. Maybe it's because I was digging through my hard drive for songs and then her voice just mesmerized-haunted me all over again. I've watched her drumming to the beat of "Starry Eyed" while her incredibly thick-volumed hair sings with you. Yes, I know her hair has a life of its own but it's her crowning glory so no one would mind, aside from me.

This song included in the re-packaged album "Bright Lights" is meant to be sung to someone else. 'twas originally sung by Elton John and was also performed by Ewan Mcgregor at Moulin Rouge (adorable rendition). All versions are just plain beautiful and perfect, just the way the song should make you feel. :)




Your Song

It's a little bit funny this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have much money but boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live

So excuse me for forgetting but these things I do
See I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen

And you can tell everybody, this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind
That I put down in words
How wonderful life is now you're in the world

If I was a sculptor but then again, no
Or a girl who makes potions in a traveling show
I know it's not much but it's the best I can do
My gift is my song and this one's for you

And you can tell everybody, this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind
That I put down in words
How wonderful life is now you're in the world

No comments: