Wednesday, May 23, 2012

It Was A Good Weekend

Another boring post just so I could increment the number of May entries I have. ._.

It was a good weekend. I didn't open my work laptop nor did I check my mail (via phone). Saturday was supposedly for my high school friends but the weather wasn't friendly when we were about to go. Instead, I made time for exercising and running then dragged my cousins from their beds to grab some noodles which eventually led to just having milk tea at those Taiwanese stores at Wilson Street, San Juan City. I had Oolong Milk Tea and I can say I was happy with it because I can taste the distinct Oolong tea and the price of Share Tea can compete with the more expensive fares of other milk tea stores such as Gong Cha, Chatime, and Serenitea among others. My cousin's not really fond of Share Tea's Winter Melon Rock-salt Cheese and she said it really tasted like "gulaman" while the rock-salt cheese froth was too thick without any hint of rock-salt. Amusing thing was that while she was silently complaining mentioning this to us, her wifi connection was being cut-off while her brother and I were still browsing and Tweeting effortlessly.

Share Tea's Winter Melon Rock-salt Cheese and Oolong Milk Tea.
The next day (Sunday) was kinder, I woke up full of energy for some reason and wasn't complaining that my blockmate asked for a lunch meet-up at SM Mall of Asia (hello, Pasay!). I entertained cousins who were at our house first and then left with the sun shining at its peak. The drive to MOA alone was fine except that the South-bound EDSA lanes were really painful. Too many potholes to count and curse at! In the end, it was a major foodfest. My blockmate was already complaining, "Kakain na naman tayo?!" because there was actually nothing much to do as initially we planned to watch a movie but the movie list is not really nice....for me. I'm waiting for Snow White and the Huntsman (can we keep Kristen Stewart dead?) and it's not yet showing until June.

Round 1 was Italian food. Well, my goal is to eat at places I haven't been to whether it's a shala place or a purita place. So we went to Gotti's for Italian food since I haven't been inside that place. It took us a long time to decide what to order and I believe we were the happy group at the small spot of Gotti's Ristorante. Their single serve is enough for a hungry person and the price is tolerable. Their menu doesn't cost much and the food is worth the money. I can hear our voices from the kitchen. Haha. Doesn't matter, seemed like we were on a diet at that time.


Round 2 was milk tea. Since previously I had Share Tea's Oolong Milk Tea and my cousin had Winter Melon Rock-salt Cheese which she didn't really like, I tried to taste Winter Melon on my own. This time at Gong Cha. I prefer Gong Cha's house tea specials with their cream/cheese froth on top of a regular brewed tea over other beverages they offer. As for the Winter Melon Tea, it really tastes like gulaman! It's actually a vegetable/fruit juice coming from no duh, winter melon. Then try to mix it with the cream and foila, you have milk tea. Sad thing here is that I won't be able to recreate winter melon as it doesn't come in leaves. :|

Gong Cha's Winter Melon Tea.
After mindless walking looking for that energy tube, we had ice cream for Round 3. Swensen's is a good ice cream parlor with nice interiors and hassle-free ambiance. It's a bit pricey but it's not every day you're going to eat here, unless having diabetes is your goal. The water glass is soo cute! This place is definitely worth a try when you're visiting SM Mall of Asia. I had a wonderful time with my Waffle Ice Cream at PHP170 while my friend had the American Tower at PHP140. A scoop of their ice cream costs around PHP90, so better have the other desserts they offer to have the full Swensen's experience.

Waffle Ice Cream! That's a chocolate shot right there.
That's an American Tower and a scoop of some berry ice cream I forgot.
Their glasses are really nice!

It rained and while we were running amok inside Fully Booked, I thought I was going to barf. I believe it was due to overeating. My blockmates saw me quietly standing near the cashier and slowly walking around, not in my usually giddy self. They told me I should probably go, instead of them entertaining that I barf at them. Even if the traffic was really bad and I didn't get home immediately, my stomach found peace and so I ate again once I got home. Yes, that's how sinful my Sunday was. Gluttony. Plus, my sister even asked me to go pick her up at Bonifacio High Street. Zooming at 11pm never felt that good. No barf Sunday accomplished!!

Share Tea
Wilson, Greenhills
Pioneer, Pasig
SM Megamall - Cyberzone 4F Bldg B

Gong Cha
SM Mall of Asia- G/F EM170 Entertainment Complex
SM North Edsa- 2/F Skygarden
Glorietta 4- 3/F Food Choices
SM Megamall- 2/F Atrium
RP Manila- 3/F Midtown Level

Gotti's Ristorante
SM Mall of Asia
SM Megamall
SM Bicutan

Swensen's
SM Mall of Asia - Ground Flr, South Wing

No comments: