Monday, June 18, 2012

It's Charlize Theron Season!!!

When I watched the MTV Movie Awards, I just realized it's Charlize Theron season. Well she has "Snow White and the Huntsman" and "Prometheus" released this year so we'll be seeing a lot of her in the movie and computer screens whether we like it or not. Actually, I have done a downloading spree of her movies and I've dedicated some time to watch and finish them. Yes. Charlize Theron deserves the time.
All hail Queen Ravenna!
When I saw the trailer of Snow White and the Huntsman, I saw how beautiful the evil Queen Ravenna is! Well, Chris Hemsworth aka the mighty Thor was also there plus the Twilight lady K-Stew. I have to, have to watch this flick. Then it hit me, how many movies of Charlize Theron have I actually seen? Well there's the Italian Job and Aeon Flux... And... I can't remember anything else. Oh snap.

So the first thing I've back-tracked is Young Adult by Diablo Cody and Jason Reitman. It's about a young adult fiction writer returning to her hometown trying to rekindle an old flame. Most still recognize her as the popular girl in high school who made it big in Minneapolis. They don't know she's been dealing with a lot of issues and her visit back to her hometown, the fictional Mercury, helps her to grow up and move on with her life. Well just like a usual Diablo Cody film, it's laced with humor and the story's always a pleasure to see unfold right before your eyes.

Next one I've seen is Snow White and the Huntsman. Okay, we know the reviews, we've read some of them and skimmed to the critics' comments about Kristen Stewart. Some said Snow White (played by Kristen Stewart) was overpowered by the two other main characters - Queen Ravenna and the Huntsman. We're not sure if this is because of how Snow White's character was written for the screen or is this another case of K-Stew's alleged non-existent acting skills. Let's just lean on the former, it's the writer's fault! Nonetheless, it's a good 2 hours of your time and the dark theme of the movie with glorious special effects make the movie worth watching. There's action, enchanting scenery, a lot of special effects, lots of beautiful crowns and dresses for the Queen, Chris Hemsworth's increasing fanbase, and Snow White pulling off a Joan of Arc stunt.
Snow White, the Queen, and the Huntsman. <3
Admit it, she has the best crown and dresses.


Sprawling from the group is Monster. This is a 2003 film based on the executed serial killer in Florida wherein Charlize Theron stars alongside Christina Ricci. According to Wikipedia, Charlize Theron won several awards for her performance in this film including the Oscars, Golden Globe, and Screen Actors Guild Award. That's the Outstanding Lead Actress right there.

What's next? I haven't watched Prometheus but hey, I'll make sure to watch it real soon. We have The Burning Plain and Battle in Seattle, then if we reel the film some more, I think I have a copy of North Country, Head in the Clouds, and The Life and Death of Peter Sellers. Hahaha. Seriously, this should stop...while I'm still thinking if I need to re-watch Sweet November.

No comments: