Friday, June 08, 2012

The Sixth Borough - in the Philippines

Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island. Well if New York has 5 boroughs, the sixth one is just somewhere at Pasig - specifically at Podium. On the ground floor, Borough is a NY-themed restaurant offering unique dishes that would make you go back again.

I don't usually do food reviews for reasons that I don't really have much choices around the metro. When my friends say that the food is not good, I don't know how to react. Most of the time I can only say that food is "okay" and when I claim that it's "awful," for others it means they have to call the food authorities and have that resto/shop stop selling that dish. So I don't have much credibility on food reviews - I think that having really limited food options killed my taste buds.

Back to the Borough, my friend started with the buffalo wings (not the chocolate type) and a bucket of their fries. I ordered their Homemade Pumpkin Ravioli (PHP 250). The pumpkin ravioli was spectacular! I initially thought the serving was small but my plate of ravioli was so filling I can only think of dessert afterwards. You can taste the pumpkin, the cheese, and the dried cranberries. The mix was really good, I'll recommend this dish to everyone. Still not full, my friend ordered Fried Chicken and Waffles (PHP 280) which had pumpkin waffle with gravy sauce on top. Do you feel like you're in New York already? I don't know. Never been there. But Borough's food is a sure-fire way of making me appreciate NY food whether this is legitimate or not.
The fries, Pumpkin Ravioli, and the Fried Chicken with Waffle.
Not in photo: Buffalo Wings. It was devoured instantaneously.
For dessert, we were thinking of originally ordering the cheesecake but then the most-recommended one is Mom's Milk and Cookies (PHP 170). I'm going to a restaurant and I'll be ordering milk and cookies?! Fine. Let's give this a try. Milk was served in a small bottle chilled inside a bucket. There were 2 shotglasses and 12 cookies - choco chip, cranberry, and double choco. Dunk your small tasty cookie inside the shotglass, eat, then drink your milk (which I read that it's mixed with vanilla ice cream that's why the taste is really sweet). Bottom's up! Best milk and cookies combination ever!
Mom's Milk and Cookies. One of the finest things in life.

Borough
The Podium Mall - G/F
Open 24x7

No comments: