Wednesday, July 18, 2012

While We Wait for The Olympics: Mugshots Edition

Since I've been on an Olympic high, I have been favoring my swimmers and tennis players over the other sports such as track and field, football, volleyball, and basketball. (The sports I mentioned are mostly those I would watch anyway. Hahaha.) If it doesn't show, I'm really really excited for the Olympics and my excitement doesn't wane even if I haven't had any shots of liquid crack (caffeine).

You can browse in the London 2012 site the mugshots of the athletes participating in the 2012 London Olympics. Okay, the "mugshots" of the athletes in the www.london2012.com are very entertaining. Let's go to the Tennis page and comment. We can have our swimmers later.

....
......
........
..........

ZOMG. The photos are horrible!!! I know we know that tennis players are gorgeous people and they look amazing in television and most of the times in print as well. However, their mugshots in this site are really blasphemous! Pure injustice.
Novak Djokovic of Serbia.
Maria Sharapova of Russia.
 Andy Murray (GBR) looks like he's been convicted of a crime, well most of the photos are either "passport photos" or bathroom photos - which look like they were taken from the bathroom suffering from poor lighting and poor cellphone cameras. Maria Sharapova (RUS) has that passport photo look while Novak Djokovic (SRB) looks like he's applying for a job.
Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia.
Feliciano Lopez of Spain.
For our best mugshots regardless of their popularity and photogenic factors, I would say Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) looks like she's going to a party (woot woot), Feliciano Lopez got the lighting and smile perfectly (with that beautiful hair), and well, Victoria Azarenka (BLR) nailed this. Her photo says "the Olympics is going to be a fun spectacle and I'm going to win it, you byootches."
Well done, Queen V, well done. *slow clap*
Victoria Azarenka of Belarus.

No comments: