Friday, August 03, 2012

Let them drink Butterbeer!

No, still not writing about the Olympics (although I've been flooding Twitter about it). So instead, I'll just post random shizzles just like I normally do.

Well, well, well. When asked about the famous Butterbeer from the Harry Potter series, my friend and I were trying to win an argument if it's served cold or warm. Since we just like to throw quips and banters at each other, I know no one would win the argument. So I asked a teammate whom I know is really into Harry Potter if butterbeer should be cold or warm. She gave me the link to an HP-Lexicon and it says

Butterbeer

Very popular drink served cold in bottles or hot by the mug ("foaming tankards of hot butterbeer") at the Three BroomsticksHouse-elves can get drunk on butterbeer, but it doesn't have that effect on humans (GF21).
Available at the Hog's Head for two Sickles a bottle (OP16).
How is butterbeer made and what does it taste like? When asked about this by "Bon Appetit" magazine, JKR responded: "I made it up. I imagine it to taste a little bit like less-sickly butterscotch."

So no one has an idea how it tastes like, save from the unabridged trilogy-worthy description that the author gave. Hence, the recipe that Pepper.ph (which is a really good site) gave can still be legit! Yay! Now to ask my friend to recreate it.


Hogsmeade Butter Beer
makes 1 serving


1 can Cold cream soda
3-4 tbsp Caramel Syrup
Whip Cream


1. Pour cream soda and caramel syrup into a huge glass mug.
2. Stir well.
3. Top with Whip Cream.


Notes:
1. You can add extra caramel syrup on top of whip cream for extra sweetness.
2. For real beer drinkers, mix 1/2 can cream soda and 1/2 bottle of light beer.

Another friend, Lance, tried to do a "muggle version" with homemade caramel, cream soda, light beer, and whipped cream. Then served it with Bruschetta (toasted bread with garlic, cheese, and olive oil). He noted that it tastes a bit like rootbeer float but has a sweet kick. @#%$^%&^%*$* I want one.

No comments: