Tuesday, June 25, 2013

First Wine Tasting Class

I've had the worst week last week and yet I still attended a wine-tasting class because let's face it, when you have a really really hollow-block-type of a rough day, you'd get your hands on whatever opportunity for salvation that passes by. Okay, alcohol may not be the solution but I already paid for this thing and that my friend is there all set and excited to attend this class. We're cultured, like a pearl.
The crowd favorites. Kate Radburnd Sauvignon Blanc and
the French Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis (chardonnay).
I was late for a few minutes, let's say 10-15 minutes but not enough for me to be dropped from the class or to receive 500 dagger looks from the rest of the folks inside the room. They were on to the 2nd wine already and they had to repeat everything again, thank you very much, Ms. Latecomer. The instructor was able to explain the Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand vs the Bordeaux Sauvignon Blanc from France like 8x already since there were more people who came in later than I did.

There's our take-away, my favorite Kate Radburnd Sauvignon Blanc
from New Zealand. The New World makes fruitier Sauvignon Blancs.
There were 4 glasses for white wine (Sauvignon Blanc from NZ, Bordeaux Sauvignon Blanc from France, a French Chablis, and an Australian Chardonnay) and another 4 for red (merlot and shiraz). It was basically Old World vs New World, with the French wine being the source of the "Old World" wines while Australia and New Zealand for the New World. Don't forget South America, too.
Missing a bottle from the red and wine group.
Thanks, Chin, for the photo. :)
My friend and I were the youngest in the group. I think we brought down the average age in the room by a lot. When finally, everyone got a little chatty (there's your alcohol working) we got the "Aren't you too young to be drinking wine?", "How old are you? Do your parents know you're here...drinking?" questions a lot. Haha. It was an interesting trip and out of depression we passed by Domino's Pizza since I've been craving for that since forever. (Pizza sentence is definitely out of place in this post. What's wrong with me?!)
Vegetarian! 

No comments: