Friday, July 25, 2014

Coffee Ain't Dead, Electricity Is!

So, typhoon Glenda blew Luzon away and NCR experienced really strong winds. The power was out by 4am and fortunately in our place, it was back by 2pm. However, coffee time can't wait until 2pm. Here's the problem: How can I grind my beans (medium-fine) for my moka pot? :(
I just can't smash them or drive over them. I want coffee. :(
I just can't soak them or chew the beans. I really want my moka pot. :(

Instead of sleeping or crying in the corner, I decided to rummage through my sealed caffeine box and found my brother's unopened Trung Nguyen coffee. Ohmyglob. Vietnamese coffee!! I got one pack that says "2" meaning it's a mix of arabica and robusta beans (my personal favorite is "S"). VN coffee are pre-ground and so I got my filter out and saw we had condensed milk to complete the experience.

Seriously. Buy a clear cup (or a mason jar, whatever floats your boat). It makes you appreciate your drinks so much more. Look at the condensed milk lying so peacefully at the bottom of the cup. 

Nyumnyum. Coffee. Condensed milk. Nyum. 

Side - have you seen my friend try out making foam art? I haven't even tried making latte art but she's proving to no one she can make foam art, too. Not sure though how to put the markings. :|

No comments: