Sunday, January 10, 2016

When Echosmith Sang

(For my personal reference, concert was last Aug 13, 2015. I know. Don't judge me.)

It has been a looooong time since I have watched a performance I bought a ticket to, like concert tickets. Not only have I been recounting where my money went, but it's more like I haven't seen an artist lately that made me jump off from the couch and purchase a ticket right then and there.

Then my supposed-to-be-secret-band who went mainstream for some reason was coming to the country, I didn't go. They were part of a music fest and I don't want to be part of it. Then a few months later, they announced that they'll be back in Manila for a solo show. You know that cliche - when you love someone, set him/her free and when they come back... You have to see them live. So, I don't care if they're mainstream now and even if I had to ship my CD all the way from the US (thanks to Amazon and my aunts and uncles who always let my things ride with them) and purchase another one in Dubai (for my friend), I know I'm going to see them live!

And... Echosmith was there. Live. They are tall kids. What I didn't expect though is that their music's main market are KIDS. Kids entering puberty stage. Kids who were accompanied by their older siblings or being waited for by their parents outside the concert hall. Kids who are shorter than me - and this comment coming from me means they are short! I can see the line ahead of me. I didn't even bother to move and adjust my head. Nopes. But we don't care now. Everything's fair in love, war, music, and math.


By the way, since I have a bad habit of revisiting past memories, this is my official declaration: I regret not getting tickets when Tegan and Sara and The xx went to Manila.

Now I feel bad. :(

No comments: