Friday, November 24, 2006

Eat and Run!

My class today ended at 12:30pm (it was burning HOT this time!), so my mom met me at a mall for no apparent reason, well maybe because she was at the area. Then, we ate lunch at this Chinese restaurant (since she said fastfood are so common, a different dish is better) and we were trying out whatever pleased our eyes. (They had a cart with all their dimsum samples and other fried dishes that they push around their restaurant until they get your attention and you become fooled with how good it looks.)

We ordered what we liked, and ate some minutes away, talking over things (no, she doesn't ask, "so how's school?"), a lot of things. Then after stuffing ourselves with MSG-enriched (yay! It makes you smart! Eat a lot of MSG-enriched food and be obese in no time!) Chinese food, my mom checked her phone and stood up. "Come, I'll buy some bathroom tissue. People at home treat tissue like potato chips, two rolls a day! Imagine the trees being cut down for those things!" So I got my things from the table, carried my bag, then I was about to stand up when I realized something (very important).

We haven't paid our bill - we haven't even asked for it! I cried, "Mom! We haven't paid yet!" Funny thing was that the waiters there weren't even aware we were about to leave. My mom was shocked about forgetting it, so she quickly asked for it. She paid it and just gave some tip to somewhat "forget" the incident. We had a good laugh about it, but it would be pretty embarrassing if we went out without paying. Imagine forgetting that important thing!

Moral: Don't leave your things unattended. Always check everything before you leave, even the bill - check if you haven't paid or if you're giving the right amount! I don't want to have a record of not paying. Or when I pass by a waiter or receptionist would say (though I don't really care much about what they say), "that girl didn't pay!" That is not a good thing for your image, especially if you don't have one. I was insulting you..ΓΌ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is this the chinese restaurant in the powerplant mall, ate mei? :D