Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Mighty MorphinE Ninja Turtles


I thought twice as hard as I can if I would publish this post or not. I hope my future employer doesn't reach this site and read this.

I had these Morphine Shorts when I was young-er [of course, I wouldn't desire for them in my age now]. It was given to me [also to my siblings, I think, but the dedication was for me] by my grandmother from the States with matching Power Rangers bedsheets and blankets. (Typing these makes me shiver and have spasms. The thought of those bedsheets is making me faint.) Embarrassment... *sigh*


I have this odd (or maybe it isn't odd) thing in me that I really like to sleep on our couch in our living room. Yes, deep slumber in one of the unadvisable places to sleep. Then, unexpected (doesn't necessarily mean they are unwanted, don't be too cruel! That's my part!) guests come to pay a visit. The first time I experienced this was when I woke up to get a pillow, then surprise! My mom's visitors were there, seated in our dining area drinking pineapple juice and staring at me like I was a caveman who just woke up. NO, I wasn't wearing my Morphine Shorts then.

Next incident was when I took a nap (my naps are usually longer than my real sleep), and woke up at around 8pm. There were lots of glasses and plates in our sink, I asked if there were visitors earlier, and of course, I knew the answer. I was wearing my defective blouse [a part of my school uniform] that time.

Count some more similar moments and I felt like the people involved in some scandal [the ones involving cellphones and the internet]. People who saw must be very lucky. Don't ask why, I just think they're lucky. Wah, as I remember those moments, would someone please hand me a club and hit me. Yeah.

Just recently, well, a while ago, as I was typing my lab report on the floor. (Our pc was broken and I'm using the laptop on top of the CPU which is on the floor.) I was sitting on the floor in a not-so-nice-to-look-at way, and was laughing hysterically with what I was reading. I don't find acid rain funny, though. Then while sitting, I rotated myself 180 degrees and when I faced the opposite direction (I call this the butt-spin move), I saw two strange people. I was wearing those shorts. Let's end it here.


MORAL: Hmph, don't mind other people. Haha. If I know they have some weird shorts with them as well. Oh wait, this is our house, our home. So I can wear anything I like anytime (oh yeah!) and not mind other people. Aha, tama, tama. Don't mind, don't care. Treat them like ghosts, those you really really don't want to mind unless you make a living out of them.


*I'll trade them for your boardshorts if you like. Think about it, that is vintage. It just looks faded in the picture but the prints are still bright like they were bought yesterday (they aren't, so please, drop the issue that I really wanted to have them). Remember your Power Rangers times, the moment you fought with your brother/sister/neighbor/grandfather/cousin/pet dog for the colored Ranger (whose lips don't move and communicate with each other with a lot of arm/hand gestures) you want... Nostalgia? Now, you want those shorts.. Collector's item, cool, eh? [I have not so pleasant memories with it so I am willing to relieve myself of this treasure. No joke, haha!]

1 comment:

Gabby said...

Yay! Comment! :)
nice shorts! hehe. i want boardshorts too! aww, wala akong interesting printed shirt e...sayang...