Sunday, May 06, 2007

The World Awaits... Paris Hilton

Oscar de la Hoya! Floyd Mayweather Jr.! Paris Hilton! Ta-dah! Action packed weekend! The World Awaits is the title for the De la Hoya - Mayweather fight. Here in the Philippines, it's named Titigil ang Mundo (The World Will Stop). Shoosh. The Pretty Boy Meets the Golden Boy, while the Heiress Meets the Gridiron.

It was reported Oscar (we're also close, we are on a first-name basis closeness, or the we-share-the-same-toothbrush closeness) would receive $25,000,000. Count that, 25 million. While Mayweather (Floyd doesn't seem too good to type, it has one syllable, doesn't sound right to me) would receive $10,000,000. Yep, 10 M. Both amounts exclude the pay-per-view share. If you are given the chance to be Oscar's sparring mate for 12 rounds and he'll pay you $10million, would you grab it?

I think the whole crap was scripted. De la Hoya wasn't so surprised when he lost via split decision. He dumped his long-time trainer Floyd Mayweather, Sr. because the latter was asking for $2m as his fee. Oscar doesn't want to give him that much so he opted to have Freddie Roach as his trainer for this supposedly Fight of the Century. Heller?! I would pay my coach or trainer as much as I can just to win it! He practically knows all my techniques and strengths, as well as areas to improve. Then he'll just have someone coach him for that special title match?! So this brings me to the idea that money is really the winner here. The event was backed-up by Golden Boy Promotions, owned by the Golden Boy himself papa Oscar. So... The money would practically revolve around Oscar. If the match paid well, maybe he can have a rematch. Though I heard that Mayweather won't fight with him anymore.

Oh, I think I have mentioned it already, but Floyd Mayweather won by split decision. No knockdowns, just plain punch-drunk love. And what I just said above is a complete stupid idea. Punch me. Read this if you want to know more about the match.

But what is more important than the De la Hoya - Mayweather match? Of course Paris Hilton sentenced to 45 days in Jail. Uh-huh. She was apprehended when she was driving without headlights. (She must've had nightvision contacts on.) Paris wasn't aware that she was driving with a suspended license, well, that's what she said. You see, Paris has this thing, like a virus. Love her, or hate her. Even though you'll think she's (insert derogatory terms here), you can't deny you sing her songs in the bathroom or even read articles about her. Maybe you are just a plain quidnunc or you got the Paris-virus. Haha. Back to the jailtime issue, actually I think if I write something about it, it would be redundant. Though personally, I think she deserves that, after all her issues and controversial whatevers. It's time to open her eyes, wake up, Paris! Life isn't as simple as that.

Here's the article about Paris.


MORAL: Don't drive with a suspended license. Remember things you sign, especially pleas and contracts. Drive with headlights on, well, of course in the daylight you don't have to. Don't wear sunglasses in the morning. Don't look at an eclipse or at the sun directly.

No comments: