The Lady, did she succumb?
Last night, after eating in Kamay Kainan in Greenhills (Annie Sexy's treat) we went to the cinema and checked the last full show schedule for Sweeney Todd. I wanted to watch National Treasure 2 because I think Sweeney Todd is fine to watch in pirated DVD (thanks to Riverbanks for our pirated copies). Anyway, Kara, Henry and Kirk wanted Sweeney Todd. I lost the democratic votation. The movie is R-18 here. Well, Kara and I are not yet 18 so she was reluctant. Then I had a flashback.
Let's flash back to the Jumanji days. I'll never forget that. I guess we still didn't know then that as long as you have an adult with you, a PG-(insert number here) rated movie allows kids inside. Anyway, my sister and I were with yaya Susan and we wanted to watch Jumanji. I was still below the required age. Then they just told me to tell the ticket person that I'm of proper age already. However, when the girl asked me, "Are you thirteen years old?" I was shaking and well, I didn't lie then. To cut the story short, we didn't get to watch the movie and both of my companions were mad at me. I survived the "evil stare" of my sister. Thank God.
Back to Sweeney Todd, it is an R-18 movie, so, when we bought tickets, the girl asked me, "Ikaw, miss, 18 ka na ba?" I lied. Then she asked for my ID. I gave her my school ID which doesn't include one's birthdate. She then asked again after checking my ID, "Kailan birthday mo?" I lied again. Haha. She gave us our tickets.Then Kirk asked, "Ako, miss, hindi mo ba ako tatanungin?" Oh well. We just thought all of them looked old enough to be allowed in R-18 movies. And I wasn't. (This age thing has happened to me numerous times already. Like when I had henna tattoo before, the guy thought I was a freshman.... in high school.)
Sweeney Todd was full of... thick, red fake blood and probably would scare a lot of the clients of barber shops. Turning the dead clients into meat pies was like the best scene I could imagine with me saying, "I told you to not eat meat! Go vegan!" The plot sucks, like it was written for those with no imagination. You could guess and predict what would happen. Even with how the characters looked like, it's like they are all part of the band My Chemical Romance. Nice songs though. And Borat (the actor) was there! We vowed never to eat in restaurants that are near barber shops as long as we can remember the scenes in the movie.
On our way home, we overheard some of the people saying they never knew that was the ending. Oh well. They might even have a different interpretation of the movie. So I was the first one to be dropped off, since I was the one nearest to Greenhills, but then on our way along Ortigas, we noticed Bruno's Barber and it became the subject of mockery. After tormenting and backstabbing the barber shop (by so much it seemed to be included in the 10 Worst Places in the World imaginary list), we saw the restaurant beside it.... Kamay Kainan, where we ate earlier. (My friends thought about the kaldereta they ate and wished they haven't said such evil words about Bruno's Barber.)
MORAL: Don't go to barber shops and have your beards shaved with an open blade... if you're a girl. And yeah, check the restaurant if it's near a barber shop. (But hey, who would ever think that they use human meat, that's just sooooooooo Resident Evil.) Damn shooting near our house, always filming the action scenes in the middle of the night! May Sweeney Todd offer them a shave.
No comments:
Post a Comment