Some excerpts. It's kinda long, but it's worth it. I'm not posting the whole thing, you can read it here.
_start_of_copy_paste_thing_
Buddy Bloggers Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi were in San Antonio on Friday for the All-WNBA team announcement. Waiting patiently for their awards, they decided it would be a perfect time for a tag-team Buddy Blog effort:
Dee: So I guess we're supposed to give our thoughts on Game 1.
Sue: But you didn't watch it.
Dee: Aww, come on now. You weren't supposed to say that. I don't have cable at my house yet.
[...]Dee: San Antonio went 14-0 against the East this year! 14 and 0! 14… and 0!
Sue: That's cuz the East is weak! Same team in the Finals every year!
Dee: Yeah, being at the Olympics was fun. Oh, what about Lauren running up and trying to talk toYao during the Closing Ceremonies!
Sue: That was hilarious. If you haven't seen it already, please go YouTube it right now. "How am I gonna live without Yao?"
Dee: I think she's kind of infatuated with him. She talks about him a lot. They're good friends through basketball. In a non-romantic way.
Sue: Yeah, he's married. To a former Chinese national team player.
Dee: Yeah, but she's no Sui Feifei. Or Miao. Miao was BALLING at the Olympics.
Dee: So, speaking of foreign policy, I'm all about tax cuts this season. I don't know about you, but I'm voting Obama for yo mama, McCain insane. That's it, print it.
I actually watched the VP debate a few nights ago, but I was in a sushi restaurant and it was on mute. Did Palin hold her own?
Sue: I don't like talking about politics.
Dee: If I hear the word "bipartisan" one more time, I'm gonna kill myself.
Sue: The one that kills me is the whole "hockey mom" thing.
Dee: The thing I love is that when they say, "My friends, you can trust me…" If you believe them, there's something wrong with you. And it's always, "My friends…"
Sue: And what about Tina Fey as the Vice President?
Dee: What?!?
Sue: She does a spot-on imitation of Sarah Palin. She's done it a couple of times on Saturday Night Live. Haven't you seen it?
Dee: I don't have any freaking TV! I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.
Sue: I'll send it to you. It's really good. "I can see Russia from my backyard!"
Dee: I do love her accent. It's almost a Minnesota accent.
Sue: "Ohhh yahhhhh, we share a maritime border!" … "Can I call ya Joe?"
Dee: Every time Palin was talking, Biden was laughing. That's a bad sign. But Palin's suit did look nice.
Sue: OK… since we've made fun of just about everyone in America now, we'll let you enjoy the rest of the Finals.
Dee: And maybe we'll check in from Russia this winter. Wouldn't that be fun?
Sue: Yeah, and we'll really be able to see Russia from our backyard!
Dee: Yeah, Birdie! Good one!
_end_of_copy_paste_thing_MORAL: Read the whole thing here. They're talking about other stuff when they're "supposed" to blog about the Finals. Haha. Speaking of Palin, I found out about this from JessicaRulesTheUniverse. @_@
1 comment:
Thanks, I didn't know they blogged. I know that Taurasi does a blog for yardbarker, which is hilarious. I met her once during a benefit and the kid is as entertaining in person.
Post a Comment