I rode a bus home one time and saw Meteor Garden being played. Yes, the notorious Chinovela that wrought havoc in our country. They brought the F4's here, wherein hordes of Filipinos paid more than 10k pesos just to watch their concert even though they (fans) can't understand what the heck those boys were singing. Their records were selling like pancakes. Great, and they were know as Flower Four. Even better, and I am sarcastic.
The lead female character was San Chai, and I don't really mind whatever the spelling of her name is. The time when Meteor Garden was such a hit in the Philippines was when I don't have a regular trim. My hair was very black (because there are not-so-black black), straight, and very long. Combing was difficult then, but I had no choice but to comb my hair since we weren't allowed to have our hair dancing with the wind in high school. We had to tie our hair, or else we'd get an infraction slip. I remember last time I went to the supermarket to do some grocery ( I make the bill soar when I go with them ). I was walking around until a kid bumped into me. I wasn't wearing my hair in a ponytail then. She was looking at me then tugged her brother and said, "Uy, si San Chai." Then she ran and looked for her mother to say she found San Chai, like an excited Magellan discovering Philippines (even though there's no proof Magellan was excited when he discovered the Philippines ). I hate that kid, good thing she ran or else I'll hunt her down. I don't even look like freaking Shang Hai. But it would be worse if someone said I look like one of the members of F4, the one who'll say that won't even be able to finish his/her sentence.
I don't like it when someone says, "you look like (insert name of someone you don't know)..." And I have heard that statement a lot of times already. "Are you studying in Batangas? Or do you have a twin sister?I think I saw you a while ago." Of course I wanted to say, "Have you gone mad? Why would I go there?" but instead said, "I want to have a twin, but no, no, and what?" Really. "I thought I saw you!" The ever wise me asked, "How does she look like?" Then was responded with an equally wise answer, "Uhh, try looking in front of the mirror. That's how she looks like, like you." The hell. Curse those minions.
Another of this mistaken identity involves my co-ACLCer (Ateneo Christian Life Community). He was asking me if I was at this GA (General Assembly) and called me AC. I am not AC. And after some time, "Uh, you're not AC??" I gave him a blank stare and showed my name tag which does not read "AC". Curse the minions. I don't even look Chinese. Please note that I have nothing against Chinese.
I haven't planned world domination, yet. I would send my clones in a few years, but not now. Sheesh. At least I haven't been compared to a man. Hoorah. "You look like (insert a man's name here).." That would be harsh. Crap. Lucky people, thought to be me, or reported to look like me.
Oh, oh. I forgot, last time, while we (me, Jean, and Marfi) were planning to change after PE class, something dumb happened. Dunno if it's dumb, I don't really care at all right now. We were at Ateneo's Martial Arts Center and I turned the doorknob, since the door was half-opened, I made a little push. Then the door closed, someone inside slammed the door at me. Perfect! I went out to see how my adversary looks like and was mumbling, "I'll get you when you go out.." Then I asked Marfi to open the door because I think they locked it from the inside, hogging the restroom to themselves. Go eat the restroom, freaks.
Marfi opened the door, with ease. Whhaaat!? I'm not a weakling, ever since I played tennis I know my arm's strength improved already. We searched the area, but no one was there. Jean saw it, how the door was slammed. Marfi was denying it, "Maybe you didn't push it that hard." I know what I did, and I have a Kapampangan witness. Both were scaring themselves while changing. It wasn't a big deal to me,since I can pretend to be brave when there are people around. Haha, but when I'm alone, I would be scared as an earthworm who has the knowledge that he doesn't have skin and that salt would be poured on him,in short, really scared. Remember, Martial Arts Center restroom, near the PE Office and College Athletics Office. Cool..
MORAL: San Chai is fictional and dysfunctional. I am not. Longer hair needs more shampoo and more combing. Futsal is fun, especially if you have cool/hyper teammates. Just don't trip on your own, not fun (ask Marfi, from experience). Also, when receiving the ball and you intend to use your upper body to hit it, use your chest, not your breast. (This is not from a personal experience.) Futsal, futsal, futsal!
No comments:
Post a Comment