While downloading Britney Spears and the Spice Girls to accompany me while programming (the Java applet), I had a nostalgia. It was when I had my moment in front of my grade 5 Math class.I love Math. I love my classmates. I love singing and the problem was I'm a very shy girl. By the way, my teacher loves me, too. Actually, that's the problem, or one of it.
It was a usual grade 5 day, not that I can still remember what a usual grade 5 day comprises of. Then our Math teacher made a grand entrance and told us something. About an über difficult quiz or exercise. Then when everyone was wailing, he said that if someone volunteers to sing, he won't give it anymore. Of course, nobody wanted to volunteer. So he said he'll pick an art folio which were piled up at a corner. There were two piles, and when he chose the pile where my folio was, I knew I was doomed, damned, dead, killed, ran over by a truck, stabbed in the heart, etc.
He raised the folio up high, and while people were wondering who owns it, I saw the origami which was the design of the cover of my art folio. The first thing that came to my mind wasn't "oh great," but, "Why me, Lord? What have I done wrong?" Then he gave a clue, "Chinese." All eyes were on me. Dang.
So I was forced to stand in front, trying to stall as much as I can. I told our teacher that I wanted to take the quiz instead. Then I saw fangs, daggers, and spears across the room. I have to sing. I had no choice. I was trying to remember the lyrics of some songs. Then at last resort, I remembered Britney Spears and her music video. And then after my teacher was getting impatient, I sang.
"I'm sitting here alone up in my room..." Yeah right.
And oh, we didn't have the quiz, thanks for the applause classmates. Mr. Feudo, I won't forget you.
"I was born to make you happy" - Britney Spears (greatest quote ever, woohoo!!)
MORAL: When in times of need, Britney Spears would set you free. I have nothing against Britney Spears, nothing really, even with what she has done with her life. I like her songs, they'll get you jumpy or something, good when you don't want to sleep. Her songs are dominating my playlist right now. She has the right to do anything she likes, and unfortunately, she's suffering the judgmental eyes of the public. Britney and the Spice Girls' songs kept me awake and in company during my programming hours. What happened to girl and boy bands?
No comments:
Post a Comment