Backlog... of books I have and have received but haven't read because well.. I haven't. In no particular order:
The Secret
Atonement
The Other Boleyn Girl
Chronicles of Narnia
An Inconvenient Truth
Life on the Edge
Who Moved My Cheese
How to be Really Really Really Happy
The Little White Horse
Citizen Girl
Principles of Economics
Principles of Financial Accounting
De todos modos, last wednesday my blockmates (s1/2, haha) and friends gave me a message board with all their notes, messages, and drawings of steaks, pigs, dogs ("aso para asado"... whatt?!), and other meat-related cruelty. They gave it to me before our CS class, the last class of other people..... and my First class. So I carried the message board wrapped in shiny colorful wrapper the whole day. I'm not complaining, I am thankful and touched (yes, I am fully capable of this feature) by their thoughtfulness....especially when you read their messages. They revolve around a.) tennis b.) futsal c.) Meat (they're all telling me to eat meat). Here's a sample, but I don't think this is the exact message verbatim,
"You should try doing wilder things, more fun things like..... eating meat." -_-
Forward it to Spanish class. I arrived 2 minutes before the bell in my Spanish class but as usual, there were no people yet. So I waited. The bell rang already and I was there, staring at my teacher and he was staring back with, "Hola, where are your classmates?" I was dumbfounded and I just said, "Good question, SeƱor." I was praying so hard that people arrive fast. After a very very long minute, one student came, then after a few more minutes, 2 more came. All in all = 4 students + 1 teacher. Now that's education, hands-on!
Before Valentine's day a lot of couples were not in good terms. I saw a lot in Ateneo, in Mini-Stop, along the streets, anywhere! Maybe that's their way of saying, "Babeh, I want something for Valentine's Day and no, not a child."
Q*: Ruth, kumusta Valentine's Day mo?
A: As usual, malungkot. It's an annual sadness I experience.
Q: Oh bakit naman? What happened or not happened?
A: Tapos na birthday ko eh.
*Q is not for question. Q = Edward. I just don't want to type it there. Oh, I am A. It is not for answer.
MORAL: Eeengk (any number of letters E's, N's, G's, and K's is just fine) is something I cannot find in the dictionary (I always carry one and I don't know why). Valentine's Day is fun because well, revenues for flower shops and stuffed animals are good. It is also nice to see couples express their love (or something like it) to each other. Just don't do PDA or something. It gets annoying and really awkward. Please, have mercy on us. Where's the moral in this entry?
No comments:
Post a Comment