If we want to lose weight, they say we eat nutritious food blahblah, which oftentimes most don’t really follow (the oily aroma of synthetic burgers and the appeal of MSG-fortified chips are enough to make us grow bigger – and wider), and EXERCISE.
First thing that comes to my mind when I hear exercise is, “When?” Really, no matter how much you try to learn about time management and all those set your priorities thing, there really is no time for exercising, unless you want to exercise your body during midnight. (this is true, really, when you work all day or go to school then get home to do homeworks or what-not’s, when can you chip exercise time in?)
They say if you can’t find time to exercise, do something else physically. Like, take the stairs, walk instead of using your car, use public transportation sometimes, and other similar things. Maybe you can handwash your clothes instead of using the washing machine (plus extra workout when there are stains!). Also, take the stairs when you work or study on the 12th floor, walk to school or work and you can feel all pollution and sweat, not to mention all your colleagues can smell the number of trucks that passed by you on your way going to work. Perspiration, woohoo. Nothing beats body sweat.
Being a student, well, I think I can insert exercise in my schedule. Like when I get home after school, maybe instead of checking if I have homeworks or if I have to study for a quiz tomorrow, I can just skip rope, or do sit-ups. Wow. Talk about priorities. Of what use is my education if I am as sick as uhh, hmm, err, sick person? I won’t get to use what I’ve learned all my life while laying in my deathbed or let’s say something less grave like, when I am sick all day with cough and colds, I can’t do anything productive. Spreading virus by coughing or sneezing is not productive. (I love sarcasm.)
But what can we do about it? Instead of doing my advice of prioritizing (which is sooo cliché anyway), why don’t we all just crash diet? Really. Like we just don’t eat anything? Or if we can’t control ourselves, we just eat once and that’s it! Drink a lot of water in the meantime to stuff your stomach as well.
MORAL: Summertime brings out the other side of people. The ideas of beaches, and swimsuits make one think of great bodies. And what way to have a great body when summer is nearing? Diet and Exercise!! (both starting with a capital letter) Exercise for heaven’s sake. Crash dieting is not good, ulcers are not friendly. Pain is not worth a slightly skinny body. But if you think of otherwise, please get help.
No comments:
Post a Comment