Recently, I have been falling asleep really quickly. It's like I have narcolepsy or something. But No, it's because of our MIS101 project, with all those proposals. I have been sleeping at 4am to as late (or early) as 5.30am. It went on for a week until the morning of our defense. To weigh the effects, I fell asleep DURING our Accounting Long Test 4, woke up 10 minutes later, and found myself staring at page 5 (out of 11 pages). Then, when we were in TriNoMa watching 10,000 BC, my blockmates woke me up. It had nothing to do with the movie, how could you fall asleep with Steven Strait semi-shirtless?! When my dad picked me up that night, I fell asleep in the car. When I got home, I changed clothes, brushed my teeth and told myself "uupo lang ako" then the rest was history. Just this day (March 20), I woke up to eat halo-halo for breakfast, then fell asleep again. I woke up to eat merienda then fell asleep again. Then finally, I woke up and ate dinner and slapped myself awake. It's like.. I don't know.Earlier, our helper said, "Ayoko magplantsa bukas, mamamatay si Jesus eh." That's a good way of postponing your work. I'll do the same for our pending projects. That's a good mindset. While we were along Quezon Ave around 11pm, my mom saw the hookers waiting for clients, she said, "Holy Week, bawal ang karne." Ugh. People really say the best things during Holy Week.
MORAL: "You can sleep when you're dead!" is not really true. If you don't sleep, you'll die a little earlier. Btw, I survived the week just using my "natural high" technique. No caffeine involved!
2 comments:
Welcome to MIS =P
I think the quote was not meant to be taken literally. I think it pertains to people not to be complacent with their lives and to constantly strive for something higher.
About the sleep, try to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. I was able to do that for the last 2 weeks of college, and I think I did OK.
Just do your deliverables early and plan well, you'll be fine. :D
Post a Comment