I can't accept that I finished reading The Other Boleyn Girl. I. Can. Not. It's just that I really loved reading it - the story, the images it creates inside my brain, and the characters. Well, the movie characters are a bonus, having Scarlett Johansson, Eric Bana, and Natalie Portman (THE Anne Boleyn) portray the infamous characters in the story helped me picture the events better in my mind - imagining Natalie Portman speak French and curtsy before the king or Scarlett Johansson pull her hood back - all of them. I finished it while the attendee was chopping my hair off. (I went to the hair-chopping area after I woke up from deep slumber aka nap.) Let's count: Katherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, Jane Seymour, Anne of Cleves, Catherine Howard (Anne Boleyn's first cousin, since well Anne was a Howard and a Boleyn. Oh, she was also beheaded for being accused of adultery. Cooool, and she was beheaded Feb13, my birthday, coool. Anne Boleyn's kins are all crazy about love, or lust, or whatever. Maybe they're hotwired to be like that.), and finally Catherine Parr. OK. Edward (Jane's son. Jane, who died after giving birth. She was lucky she died without being shamed.) became the king at a young age of 9.
Sidenote: I can't help overhearing the Pinoy Big Brother (I have my back against the TV again), PBB is NOT Temptation Island. That's a different (implied) reality show.
Back on topic (if there really is a topic), I thank Anne Boleyn for being the source of my desire to have my own Queendom. I am cursing Thomas Cromwell for bringing Anne Boleyn to her death, and Henry VIII for being, uhh, chubby, selfish, fat, freak, stupid, womanizer, did I say fat and selfish already? Thomas Cromwell was later beheaded for "pairing" Anne of Cleves (whom my teacher said to be fugly), I guess Thomas Cromwell had something going on with Annes. Anyway, I hate Henry VIII for this week and the coming weeks, or until I see the movie (calling pirates) and if it makes me change my mind; however, I believe I will stand by my decision and loathe Henry VIII. It's not like he's going to haunt me in my dreams. (Still fat, old, and a freak.) And I'm still confused, who was the one Henry VIII really considered to be his "true wife" because of love and affection, not because of birthing issues. I remember my teacher told me before it was Anne Boleyn, then now I read somewhere it's the freaking Jane Seymour (who is full of sweetness as written in the novel). Henry 8th was buried next to Jane Seymour at his death, so ok, that is 2 points for Jane, 1 point for Anne. Anne Boleyn produced the greatest monarch of England, Queen Elizabeth I and I still like Natalie Portman. Bleh. Mabuhay si Anne Boleyn, mabuhay!!
So of what relevance is this? Actually, I also don't know. Ask Henry VIII he seems to be that knowledgeable. Anyway, I got a haircut and while the employee was washing my hair, they have an adjustable sink or whatever you call that thing they use in salons. It adjusts on your neck and shoulders and hurts like hello (not hell). I was envisioning myself to be beheaded like Anne Boleyn, because I am charged with being scheming and all that. However, the sword did not come, I realized, I fell asleep. Dang.
Did I mention that while I was closing the book, my eyes were really pinkish? I thought people might think that I was going to cry because of the book. It was then revealed that someone was chopping onions inside the aircon-fed salon. What a great day to chop onions.
MORAL: Don't chop your onions when you're inside a salon. Read the book first before you watch the movie version.
No comments:
Post a Comment