Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Dog Did His Fart

This scene is in the same part in my brain where I keep my thoughts about aliens, UFOs, unicorns, vampires, Valkyries, Roger Federer, Marat Safin, and all the divine, mythical, and most beautiful creatures you could ever imagine. (Marat Safin is a very, very beautiful creature. Roger Federer is a divine creature because he doesn't grimace when he hits a tennis ball.)

September 12, 2008 || 11:44pm


I was painting the foam black for our play next week. As usual, I always call our dog whenever I stay at the garage or pass by his (but I think he is a ‘she’) kennel. Then afterwards, I was fixing the painted foam already when I called our dog again. The Japanese Spitz looked at me and we were staring at each other’s eyes like we were searching for the Holy Grail as if it can be found inside each other’s skull. Then for a while, I heard the sound of water dripping on a thick plastic. Our dog’s kennel is covered on one side by a thick plastic because we cannot afford a wet, shivering dog possibly getting pneumonia every time there’s a rain.

My eyes were surveying the area in search of the source of the mysterious water that fell on the plastic. Unfortunately, I didn’t find anything. From afar, my yaya called for our dog and teased him (or her), “Oh Butchoi, tumatae ka noh. Di ka gumagalaw diyan sa dilim.”

Then it hit me like how Alex Rodriguez would strike a homerun. Our dog just farted. That was the first time I heard a dog fart. And he did it while staring at me.


MORAL: Tell me how am I supposed to breathe without air?

No comments: