Why does my annoying theory still haunts me around? How far did Ivanovic last in the tournament? It's not surprising that Ana lost in the 2nd round. I knew she couldn't bear to continue living in the hotel rooms of the USA (New York) while Shrieksterva (I personally don't know where these names come from) was everywhere. She probably can't handle all the pressure of thinking about her.
Anyway, Serena Williams won the US Open. Her sister, Venus Williams, won the Wimbledon earlier this year. I knew it from the start that Serena will win over Venus Williams. Why? Serena probably told her older sister, "C'mon. You already got your 5th Wimbledon plate. We are sisters. If you have a Grand Slam this year, I must have one as well. Add to that, you already have an Olympic gold medal for the singles, plus 2 gold medals for the doubles, which I share with you. Also, if I win all the way, which I'd probably would because I am a Williams, too, I would be number 1 again. But if you do win it, you're not going to be number 1. You could be number 1, after I become number 1 again. It's still because we are sisters. We shouldn't be even discussing this right now."And Venus couldn't do anything so she accepted her fate. If you watched the match, you'd be supporting my nonsense dialogue above, too. It was a Venus match all the way then Serena just produces a miracle to come back.
Don't forget that US Open this year (2008) is equal to Jelena Jankovic. Serena won it, but after the finals awarding ceremony, Jelena Jankovic is officially a legend-slash-entertainer. She did a lot of comments, her speech was very much detailed (she even thanked her driver for bustling the roads of New York), and I'll repeat, her comments were humorous.
And oh, Roger beat the crap out of Novak to get to the finals of the US Open, while Andy (Murray, not Roddick) burned Rafa. So Federer-Murray in the finals, and it was a lopsided match. Roger won clean and green. 13 Slams. In your face.MORAL: Never write someone off. The beauty of sports is that there is no assurance that one will surely win over the other. There are days - there are really days - when you expect someone else to win, but s/he doesn't. Boohoo.
No comments:
Post a Comment