Alicia Keys is superwoman. Even when she's in a mess, she still puts on a vest, with an "S" in her chest. Ok I just typed down some lyrics of Alicia Keys' song, Superwoman. I was fortunate enough to watch (and experience) Alicia Keys' concert at the SMX last August 5, 2008. It's the 2nd change of venue, having Araneta Coliseum as the first (rumored) venue then when the official promo for the Philippines came, it stated as venue: MOA (SM Mall of Asia) Concert Open Grounds --> which I don't really know where. Yeah yeah, there are a lot of open grounds in MOA, it has a lot of free space you know. Yet the week before AKeys' concert, the country or Manila at the least, was bombarded with low pressure zones. I think every fan of Alicia Keys prayed so much that the rain won't come (or maybe they were chanting "rain, rain go away come again another day [...]" or they did sun dances), and I believe Alicia Keys is a good person because what the heck, not even a raindrop fell that night (except around an hour after her concert when everyone's going home already).
So, how was the concert? Famazing. It was freakingly amazing.
She sounded like... how she usually sounds like. She can really perform LIVE. You know her album, Unplugged? She sang some of her songs like that but I am proud to say that Alicia Keys sound huskier (and better) now than before. She can shout/sing higher notes more confidently without sacrificing the sound. Maybe husky and low voices are the thing today. Anyway, the concert was like listening/watching to MTV (she's that great!). And she still does those little dances while singing (when she's not playing the piano of course). Maybe artists today look up to Beyonce or to the Pussycat Dolls lately. Everyone wants to have a different approach in their music *cough* Avril *cough* but I commend them to be brave enough to do what they really want to do. Those little dance movements (whether with her arms or whole body) makes the event a "show" not just a simple "I'm here to sing and play music, nothing more nothing less." One thing I would never forget was when she hmm how will I put this in words.. Alicia Keys with her hair tied into ponytail fashion, stooped down and moved her haid (hair + head) in a circular way. Her hair was whipping the air. Just try to imagine that ok? Thanks.
I <3 Alicia Keys.
MORAL: Music artists have an avocation. They are the people I really envy. I can turn into the Hulk because I'll be that green with envy. Athletes rank a near second to the people I envy. Why? They love what they're doing and they're just attracting money for doing what they really want to do. Anyway, all I can say is that, if you think you don't want an artist's style, try listening to their record/s a few times (give them a chance, you might even consider him/her your "favorite") and trust me, you'll appreciate them more. Though you can't really force yourself if you dislike the artist.
No comments:
Post a Comment