Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Art of Complaining

Tell me about it...

I think it's funny why we complain everyday about everyday things. (You don't think it's funny? or you haven't thought of it?) Anyway, you see, I'm speaking in a post-modern kind of way here. Most complain about traffic, even though everybody would trade anything just to get through traffic during rush hours. We KNOW there is traffic during rush hours, so we tend to leave earlier; however, everybody thinks the same way so the rush hour begins even earlier. We end up with traffic, no biggie, it's an everyday city scenario. Still, we complain about it and get pissed by the fact that there is traffic and we complain about it.

One can get depression, high blood pressure, and other kinds of illness just from complaining. Complaining really does no one any good, (well maybe it is a different story when you're maltreated or underpaid) yet we love to do it. Love referring not to deep emotion, but Love more as a habit. I like to complain about heavy school workload and not being paid by doing it, about procrastination and why I still do it even though I write every year in my New Year's Resolution that I won't procrastinate anymore, and all things left unsaid. Weird, eh?

I find it funny, but not to the point I would laugh because of it. Funny in the sense that I get stressed by planning how and when to go to a salon to have a foot spa for my paper knowing that spas are there to relieve you from stress. Ironic. I love irony, not basically because of habit, or deep emotion, but of hey, maybe it is because of those. More workload, and because I prioritized this entry first rather than think about my final paper, this is a form of procrastination and my denial of the reality. I'll have more stress later in noon if I wake up, funny, I wake up at noon because I slept late for studying or whatnot, but because I just love to sleep late. Love, in a form of a habit.

MORAL: Complaining may relieve one of stress, but the aftermath of it is far worse than stress itself. Dreams are your keys to success, sleep now to have those dreams. Life is unfair, pretend you don't know that. Smile if you're mad or frustrated, it would annoy people you (want to) hate. O_O

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love complaining. yes it is funny. hell, who cares..