I don't really seem to find anything special with the "hell week" in Ateneo. I think things are way tougher in our high school. It's just that this is college, and your fate in the future greatly depends here, so well, that's the only thing I can think of. We have stricter deadlines and, exams before were way longer in items and coverage (how about 250 items for an exam). They are more difficult as well. So they say graduates of our high school find college easier. NOT FOR ME. I adapted quite easily and seemed like I forgot how notorious my high school was. I wish I have my high school condition with me in college.
A not so interesting something whatever today, I saw the woman, who blends in the crowd, who knows teamwork quite well, who has fast hands, who is a great actress and can be the lead character in the local channel 2's Kokey show, who can be a member of Ocean's 300, who stole my phone almost a week ago. I went home late again and I was with 2 friends. Then when we passed by a line of commuters waiting for jeepneys, she was there. SHE WAS THERE. She was there. Ok, that was redundant. Anyway, She Was There. She-was-there. She was standing behind the people, maybe waiting to attack. (Like in Discovery Channel or National Geographic, a lion who waits then suddenly attacks his prey. Roar!)
Then I saw her, she saw me. After I passed by, I tried to look back again. She was still looking at me, with her chin on her hand. I don't know if it was fear, hunger, constipation, PMS, worry, confusion, stress, wonder, or all of them, written in her face. Since I'm too tired and was carrying a lot of things, I didn't do anything. I wasn't sure if her team was there ready to beat me if I do something. I told my mom about it. She said, "Anak, kumain ka na lang. Baka abangan ka pa nila, saksakin, o di kaya'y isilid sa isang maleta kapag may gawin ka pa. (Child, just eat instead. Maybe they'll wait for you, stab you or put you inside a big suitcase if you do anything.)"
If we reverse the situation and I am the mother, I'll say the exact thing and add, "We don't want to be rich because of insurance money from you."
I just wanted to know one thing - where did they throw my SIM card?! But I could've asked, "How much did you sell my phone?" Maybe I'll ask them one time, when I get the chance to see them again. What would I do? I'm curious for myself. (Nothing violent, I hope.)
MORAL: Do not do unto others what you don't want others to do unto others what you don't want others to do unto others. Be careful of your things. I know it is tough, but a rock is tougher. Sometimes, I can be a LITTLE nonsense, but my words are true.*
*They call this condition as "sabaw" in Ateneo
**I haven't slept for more than 3 hours in days
No comments:
Post a Comment