Saturday, September 29, 2007

Ang Alamat ng Mirasol

(To my friend who has the same name, it is not about you, haha.)

The latest legend I have ever read. I read the short(est?) version of this in Mr. Alvin Yapan's Ang Sandali Ng Mga Mata (nice book). (I even got my copy signed by him, oh yeah.) It was just mentioned there. Ang Alamat ng Mirasol. I'll just type some parts of it.

" Katulad nga siya ng mirasol na hinding-hindi na matuturuang ibaling sa iba ang pagsamba sa araw. Si Bino ang araw para kay Selya.


Ayon sa alamat, lalaki ang bulaklak na mirasol: isang lalaking namatay sa araw-araw na pagtitig sa bintanang hinihintay niyang pandungawan ng dalagang binawi ang pangakong hinding-hindi magmamaliw ang pag-ibig sa kaniya. Nang mamatay ang binata sa paghihintay, tumubo ang kauna-unahang mirasol sa kinagawian niyang hintayan sa hardin ng dalaga. "

Emo. What if the girl lives in a condominium? And the guy strains his neck at her (who lives in the 35th floor of the building) window, waiting for her to look at him or whatever. Good luck for him. Sad story. I think I'll write a novel or a short story soon. However, it would probably be a tragedy, horror, or crime story. If it would be a love story, it'll have a sad ending. Nah, too negative. I'll just write a fairy tale, full of gore and violence. Hmm, fine, I'll just make a picture book.


MORAL: Promise is a very powerful word. If you have plans on waiting, tell the person that you'll be waiting for him/her, so that when something goes wrong s/he won't tell you, "I didn't know you were waiting for me," or something like that. So that you won't die and become a flower, or a fertilizer. Also, it would bug his/her conscience (if s/he has one) to know someone is waiting for him/her. And then, all would be well until someone snatches your loved one's necklace or bracelet along Katipunan, or some stranger points a knife at you and says, "I have a knife, if you don't give me your things, I'll make sure this would make you bleed".

No comments: