Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Princess Sickness

I’ve never been sick for more than a year. Ever since I got into college, I forgot how it is to be sick. (I just learned that I had vaccinations last year so I am not really invincible.) Well, I don’t consider sprain as an illness, so, no, I haven’t been sick for the longest time. That was until last Thursday (Sept. 6) when I woke up having sore throat – the same day I’ll be hosting a symposia for an event in our organization. Great. When I got home after the symposia, I had to prepare our report for Science. This report is very important because our teacher in this subject loves to butt-in and ask questions like, “What is the, the, scientific, scientific basis of that?” or even, “Explain that further, you just can’t report something, something in your opinion.” (Repetitions were intentional; because that’s the way she says it.) Morning came, and I asked my dad to drop me to school because we still had to edit our presentation and prepare ourselves for the onslaught. My voice was horrible, I had colds. The nasal congestion didn’t help a lot, it was so difficult to bend or stoop down, because all of the uhh, mucus would show themselves to the world. When I got home, I had a fever and my eyes were so watery I looked like I was crying. Yay. It was like the best day of my life, add to that, Serena Williams lost to Justine Henin.

I woke up Saturday, unsure if I can attend NSTP (Payatas is so dear to me now). I didn’t want to cut class, since we’re only allowed to have 2 cuts in NSTP or else we’ll be dropped, something I don’t want to happen. I was groggy and nauseous the whole day, I can’t even hear properly. My mom called me to ask me what time I would be picked up. I saw the traffic along Katipunan so I just told them to pick me up at the LRT station. Did I mention I have to attend a friend’s debut the same day? The party’s 6pm and when my mom heard my voice, she told me she’ll take a look at me first before deciding if she’ll let me go or not.

I must’ve cut NSTP. If I knew then it would be our last NSTP – area insertion, since we’re having the recollection next week, I should’ve just rested the whole morning and afternoon and be ready for Val’s princess-themed debut. UNFORTUNATELY, unfortunate things happen to the unfortunate. I am part of the program, one of the bequests. My dress and shoes were there already, waiting for my disposal. My mom gave me until 4:30pm, she asked me to rest and take some medicine, and if I’ll look different (this is not a magic makeover), I could come to the party. Then, she told me I really look sick, my eyes were swollen. She doesn’t want the other guests in the party to be sick (because I am a walking virus, oh yeah, I’m contagious) and feel grossed to be near me, or coughing and sneezing at the microphone or worst, at the food, gah. She told me I might really feel unwell and then sleep at the party. I’m sure I missed a lot. There were people I wanted to see there at the party, and I’ll never show myself to Val again, for missing her party. Now I’m avoiding three people in my life.

Why do bad things happen to great people? *cough*


MORAL: Take flu shots, vitamins, food supplements, exercise, and take note of your stress level. I’m so disappointed and mad. #*W$*)&^#$*&^$)$#$##@$_!*?!

No comments: