Wednesday, September 19, 2007

You Snatch Me

Today is my lucky day...NOT.

To make things short, I lost my phone. Well, I was a victim of a stupid modus operandi cellphone-snatching technique. I just bought a phone last month because well, my Motorola died of old age. I bought a Sony Ericsson last August 13 and told myself that it would be the last phone I'm going to buy. Anyway, I was walking with Immil (blockmate) along Katipunan-Aurora Boulevard and I realized the street was very dark. Then one guy who looks like trash (?!) was slowly blocking our way. I told Immil that I'll be buying load and then when I checked my bag I saw the unzipped pocket. I saw the woman behind me so my instinct was to run after her while shouting, "(insert profane words) cellphone ko!!!"

I forgot I sprained my foot but still ran along Aurora Boulevard and held her arm, one of her feet was already inside the jeepney. I think I'll join the track and field team next time. I confronted her while pointing at the bulk in her pocket and even got a hold of the case. I wasn't sure if it was her or if it was my phone, but she was reluctant to show the phone to me when I asked her to (ofcourse, who would show their phones to someone). Then one guy tapped my back and said, "Yung lalaki nakita kong nagbukas ng bag mo, tumakbo roon!"

Great. Since I wasn't really sure if it was my phone, I looked back to see if there was anyone running. I didn't see anyone, then as fate made things easier for me, the jeepney I stalled sped away. I realized he was a part of it. Since it was my lucky day, there was no traffic to give me the chance to run after them. All my contacts, birthdates, reminders, gone.

The guard in the LRT station asked me what happened and what model my phone was. I told him the model and he said, "Nako! Naka-jackpot 'yung mga magnanakaw!" Thanks, guard, that made me feel better. Gah.

Please, please send me your number and birthdate. Please. Thanks.ü My sim card since grade 6 is gone. Waah.

Please, please send me your number and birthdate. Please. Thanks.ü


MORAL: Even pickpockets and snatchers have feelings. Can we just get them and make them run like hamsters on a wheel to produce energy? I want to tie them up and slowly snatch their earrings or body piercings, as well as pull their finger and toenails with pliers. I know, they have feelings. I'll lacerate them, get their organs and donate it to those who need it.

No comments: