Why?
Why is it that I can read novels, the newspapers, magazines, and dictionaries (yes I read dictionaries and always bring one) yet I can't even have this "passion" to read assigned readings (Philosophy, History, even my Systems Analysis and Design book)? I mean there is no lack of attention span in my veins if we're even considering that. In Literature class before, I finished the required novel to read, The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy, in a day or two. However, it was a drag reading photocopies of different plays. I'm still thinking of the answer. My answer to why...
Then it hit me.
I don't like reading those that aren't compiled, those that do not resemble a book or a notebook. I lose interest in reading my notes afterwards when I wrote them in pad papers. I didn't touch my History readings before (mind you, I really love History) not until we were going to have our exam the next day. I don't like reading/studying PowerPoint presentations but I don't want to print the PowerPoint because they look dumb on paper. PDF files are still negotiable BUT they are not even in the level of the purgatory. Given the chance, I still want a book, and I still hate highlighting books (I get the willies when I see books with highlights).
Amen.
MORAL: This is where taking down notes shows its importance. If you're having the same feeling as well, try writing a lot of things down. I love to write, type, think, and read. We could all do the same for the better future of our country. (There are papers sold that aren't made from trees. Let's help save the environment! Because we have to. Frankly my dear, we do not have a choice.)
No comments:
Post a Comment