I hope this does not feel financially-related in any way. I just feel broke, because I am almost broke. You know that song by Alanis Morisette that starts with, "I'm broke but I'm happy.." (Yes, it is the song Hand in My Pocket.) My sister and I always sing THAT part whenever we buy things we categorize under WANT and not NEED. I have been splurging on books, concert tickets and gadgets. Rawr. In the span of 2 months, I have bought a Philips dock system for my iPod, 2 Haruki Murakami books (which are not mura in my standards), a Western Digital external HDD, concert tickets to Avril Lavigne, Alicia Keys, and Panic at the Disco (haven't paid but reserved for it already). With these, my initial plan to buy a smartphone is as good as witnessing Big Bang right before our pet dog speaks/barks the words, "I am Butchoi," to my face.
Mind you, I'm not really a big spender. It's just, most of the artists I like are just coming here in the country. Then with the things, the external HDD was a necessity, the speakers were on "Sale" though they still cost like fashizzles for me. In short, nagsabay-sabay lang sila! Yes, that's it. After this, I wouldn't buy clothes, hoodies, shoes. (NOOOO!!! Is there a chastity-like belt for shoppers?) Maybe I won't even spend for anything next year (aside from the occasional gifts for birthday people, school supplies, etc.). Boohoo.
Next time you'll see "FOR SALE" or "SELLING" messages here. -_-
MORAL: Live life to the fullest. You can't bring your money to the grave. Haha. I commute, so if all of a sudden I walk under a bus, got hit by a train, etc. at least I have experienced buying the concert tickets, and/or holding the books/gadgets somehow. Hmm, my siblings would probably sell my stuff if that happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment