July 12, 2008 = One of the weirdest days of my life.
I caught a cab around 8:35am, my LS199.6 (Situational Leadership) class strictly starts at 9:00am. I got hold of a Kia Pride taxi - yes those nitty gritty cars which have aircon that gives off air similar to what you produce using a fan with prints of Minnie Mouse and shortless Winnie the Pooh. My yaya said, "Nako, kawawa ka naman. Abot ka kaya?" Obviously it's because of the Kia.
But lo, behold, and hold-up! The Kia was boasting with really cool air, and the driver was driving like Hamilton and Schumacher! All the while I was waiting for the car to dislodge itself and disconnect its parts one by one, like the rear bumpers would fall off, the chassis would run ahead of us, the wheels would just come off, practically crash the whole thing somewhere else. I arrived in Ateneo by 8:55 and was able to sign the attendance by 8:57am. Haha, I was spared from the push-ups required for the latecomers. (Dear Igop, Thea, Jon, Glen, Tommie, and the rest. It's a drag to suffer DOMS right? After all of those push-ups?)
I asked the Big Man (Jim Lafferty, GM of Procter and Gamble Philippines) if the girls could just sing because he offered that before. Unfortunately he told me, "I decided that everyone will do push-ups." It was a clear picture - Thea's eyes grew larger, larger than Jupiter and I feared they would pop-out from their sockets.
Francine had a picnic raid at Faura Back (slang: FACK). Others ate chicken, baked macaroni, cake, etc. while I ate plants with dressing. Yehey! (Sometimes I wasn't sure if what I was eating was the backyard grass or the real salad, but the dressing was good I forgot to care!) I don't know if Francine was surprised with the whole idea because it was a drag to eat when all of the red ants are there sitting beside you. Nature appreciation!! Who would mind if mosquitoes feast the crap out of you as long as Francine is happy for her birthday. (Awww..)
I attended a seminar afterwards, about Sales and Entrepreneurshit. Oops, Entrepreneurship. The thing is that punctuality is a big issue (our org's name is on the line) and so was the availability of seats. It was already 1:30pm yet the whole place was deserted. I wondered if we got the venue wrong but no, there were others who looked like lost kittens as well.
Really tired, I went home and when I logged in to Yahoo! Messenger, I received two instant messages. Those were from my cousin and my aunt. Then after 5 nanoseconds, my blockmates were IM-ing me. After a second or so, my fellow org officers are sending me messages, too. Newfound orgmates/friends were buzzing and sending me IMs as well. Add to that the occasional buzz I get because I was already dumbfounded by the amount of chat windows in my screen. The whole screen was practically covered by the chat windows. And just when I thought it would stop, my highschool friends were asking me questions and my mind blanked, instead of my eyeballs popping out from the sockets, they were rolling inside.
I wondered if it read in my horrorscope that I would be really in demand in the cyberworld on that particular date and time. Like: "Aquarius, almost all the people in your contact list will IM you and invite you to virtual conferences tonight. You will go bonkers with the amount of messages you get, and be deafened by the volume of buzzes you get because of staring too much, getting shocked and replying less. In short, you're screwed. Haha!"
MORAL: Check the newspaper daily. Don't just read the headlines, the foreign news (which is the first thing I check everyday), the sports pages, and the entertainment/movie section. There are other parts as well, like the horoscope and the cartoons. You're not sure, your destiny for the day may be written there. Like, "IM the Aquarian in your contact list tonight. She'll be stupefied by it!"
No comments:
Post a Comment