I don't really watch Pinoy Big Brother but since I am not watching my daily dose of live internet streaming of Roland Garros for some reasons, actually tennis is getting me all stressed out, I did watch it last night.
There's this teen contestant who was crying his eyes out and thinking if he would change his attitude because he got nominated for the reason of "never being serious" whenever he's talking to someone. His dilemma is that if he has to change his personality, when he
is just "nagpapakatotoo" or being real to himself.
All I can say is... CRAP. A bootload of crap. C'mon! Grow-up! He said it's okay that he got nominated, but he just can't accept the reason, because he's just being true. Let's take different sides.
On the nominated's side... I think he doesn't have to change, especially he has already suggested strongly that he doesn't want to change. And said that it's better for him to leave the house rather than change his personality, because it is who he is.
On the one who nominated him because of that reason, she's also just being "totoo" because she nominated him on the reason she really thinks. Not because of stupid reasons PBB contestants usually use such as "s/he really misses his/her mother/father/etc. outside, OR the outside world, etc." Lame. I won't blame them for using those reasons. Maybe they were advised not to say, "wala lang" or "trip lang." 'Cause I think, sometimes, "wala lang" or "trip ko lang" is the dominant thought.
On my side, no one's telling him to change. It maybe implied that they don't want that part of his attitude. That he takes things too lightly and thinks everything is just a joke. However, why change when you don't want to change in the first place, and if you got nominated because of that, then tell them you're like that, and if they think it's a flaw in you, hey you know better.
PBB is fun to watch. It tells you that not everyone is as matured as you think. And they call the bunch, "kabataang Pinoy". Yeah. And it shows you how people are when their daily comforts are
taken from them all of a sudden.
I think I'd die in the Big Brother house. Just the thought of not having a clock/watch by my side would make me go crazy. Aside from the fact that the restroom and bedroom have
cameras. Nooo!! They would see you salivating (if you do) or snoring (if you do snore) or both. (I don't.) Then the restroom is the fatal nightmare. No need to elaborate.
MORAL: Appreciate the little luxuries you have in life. You don't know if you'll lose them all of a sudden. Who knows that your parents submitted an application form for Big Brother, with
your name, picture, and details about you written all over it. Then the next day, people from PBB knocks at your door and relieves you of all the mundane things you enjoy. PBB is just a metaphor. Go figure.
1 comment:
He's the guy who always likes to play the "he doesn't need the prize anymore" card on Robi, which is always wrong if you ask me. It shows a clear lack of sensitivity on his part.
Post a Comment