Monday, April 30, 2007

Greatest Bad Day

Daniel Powter sang Bad Day while Barbie Almalbis and Kitchie Nadal sang Greatest Day. I don't want to listen to neither song. Definitely not the Greatest Day and not just a Bad Day. I'll write a song entitled Worst Day, and it'll be a dance song perfect for Beyonce or Shakira (what?!). Perfect way to start the week!

I woke up past the alarm today, and was welcomed by a long line at the tricycle terminal (beside Mini-Stop). It was my first time to experience that, since I don't usually commute when I have morning classes. WoW, perfect. Anyway, I was picked as the example in our Socio-Anthro class. Not good. I was made to stand in front and I-don't-want-to-remember-what-happened-there. OK, fine, I think my eyes were rolling during Fil class, maybe because I wasn't feeling well, and/or because of the heat and Monday sickness. I have this Monday sickness that I made up, wherein I deny that the school week has started already. So I tell myself it is still Sunday, and yes, it doesn't work - just gives you depression or whatever. (especially if you didn't do your homework because you keep on instilling it is STILL a Sunday, but everyone knows - even you - it isn't.)

Then, it was so warm at home, and I was so lazy to leave the house to have tennis practice. I still like tennis, but the temperature is not letting me enjoy it. (Nobody plays tennis with an umbrella.) Out of dedication, I came there and was hitting like a madman or madgirl, whichever sounds worse. My shots were flying around the court, hitting the lights, the scoreboard, the trainer, the ball guy, and the high ceiling. Hoorah! I'm the best player there is! Even though I was feeling sooo waaarrrmm, it was so strange that I was having goosebumps. What the heck?! I can smell the chlorine from the nearby swimming pool and it's driving me nuts. With my game (and mood) ruined, I wanted to go home right away, promising to take vengeance next meeting. I was so tired, dehydrated, and frustrated I almost performed a Marat Safin/Nicole Vaidisova stunt* right there. Warm weather = high blood pressure = bad mood = not good.

As a bonus, I went home limping, and saw I have two huge blisters on my toes (I was so smart to wear thin ankle socks). Congratulations. I can't attend taekwondo tomorrow (I really wanted to so that I'll vent my anger at the kickpad or to my partner) because of it and I don't know if SpiderMan-iac would allow me to watch him with a seat. Definitely I don't want to stand and watch him shooting web with my blisters kissing the floor (of course I have shoes).


MORAL: Apply sunblock and use umbrella or sunglasses. As much as possible, avoid midday sun exposure. Drink a lot of water. Don't wear thin socks when playing. Remember: Warm weather = high blood pressure = bad mood = not good.

*A Nicole Vaidisova / Marat Safin stunt involves hitting a ball, throwing the racquet in the air, smashing the racquet on the floor, shouting at someone/self, and other emotional acts because of either desperation or anger or whatever.

No comments: